If you are looking for a dedicated dentist and staff that will make the visits at their office as relaxing and comfortable as possible for your family, the best choice is an experienced dentistry. Choose one that provides a full range of cosmetic and general dental care options so you can get the type of service you need. You should also make sure the dentist and staff is well trained in dealing with all types of personality and procedures.
When you take your young child to their first dental visit, they may be a little apprehensive due to the fear they may feel of visiting a new place. A dentistry that has a dentist and oral hygiene technicians well trained handling the personality types of all children, from the shy introvert, to the talkative- adventurous child is a great choice to make the child feel as comfortable and welcome as possible while providing them with their dental service. The dentistry should also stay up-to-date on the latest dental technologies and procedures to give their patients the best dental care possible. The following is a brief description of many of the procedures a comprehensive dentistry will offer:
– Cosmetic Dentistry- Procedures include invisalign, veneers, teeth whitening and more.
– Bridges-Used to replace a missing tooth and supported by teeth on each side
– Crowns-Sometimes called caps and completely cover the visible parts of a tooth.
– Fillings-Made from resins, which are matched to the color of the tooth and provide an excellent seal of the affected area to prevent tooth decay.
– Implants-Offers a permanent solution to a lost tooth
– Root canal-Helps salvage a diseased tooth
– Inlays and Onlays-Helps restore chewing surface, or cusp of fractured or decayed teeth
– invisalign-No metal involved in this custom made plastic aligners to correct the position of the teeth until they are in the desired position.
– Lumineers-A great solution for fixing teeth that are sloped inward, gapping teeth, or teeth that are too small.
– Veneers-Castings that are thin and custom made to cover the front side of the teeth. Used to correct worn enamel, uneven teeth, chipped teeth, discoloration, and irregular spacing.
You can call the offices of a reputable dentist to set up a free consultation to find out about a procedure you are interested in. There are dentists that offer weekend and evening services so to adhere to the busy schedules of their patients. You can also call and find out which dental insurance plans they accept, office hours, financing information, if they provide emergency services and more.