Harmful metals in the mouth
Metal dental ware is a constant source of poisoning and allergic reaction in the body (especially to milk and its products). All metal corrodes in time, especially in the mouth where there is a high concentration of air and moisture. Among other harmful metals, amalgam fillings contain the extremely toxic mercury.Mercury makes up 50 percent of the filling! Their vapors are being released into the lungs through inhalation and enter the digestive system while eating and drinking. When they enter the blood and lymph, they can cause considerable damage in the body, including the nervous system. Recently, researchers produced a special video that showed constant mercury vapor escaping from the mouths of people with metal fillings in their teeth. That’s not very nice, if you are into kissing.
In Germany, a federal law passed in the mid-90s prohibits dentists to give mercury fillings to their patients. For the same reason, most North-European countries have limited the use of amalgam, and Sweden, Spain, Austria, and Denmark, among others, also banned this product in the year 2000. The amalgam compounds are so toxic that dentists are instructed not to touch amalgam with bare hands and store excess amalgam in tightly sealed containers. If it is so dangerous to touch amalgam, it certainly is dangerous to keep it in the mouth 24 hours a day, year after year, or get it injected in the blood with the flu vaccine!
The World Health Organization (WHO) issued a report showing that mercury absorbed from amalgam fillings is up to ten times higher than mercury absorbed from environmental and dietary sources. It is noteworthy to point out that patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Alzheimer’sdisease have up to ten times the normal mercury levels in their brains. Post-mortem studies show that the mercury level in some organs is directly proportional to the number of amalgam fillings in a diseased person.
The most vulnerable of all to mercury poisoning seems to be the developing fetus in pregnant women. A fetus accumulates more mercury than even the mother does, and in amounts directly proportional to the number of her amalgam fillings. [For the same reason, pregnant women should avoid tuna, salmon and other mercury-containing fish]
The gradual, continuous release of mercury and other toxic metals into the body by metal fillings affects particularly the liver, kidneys, lungs and brain. Cadmium, for example, which is used to produce the pink color in dentures, is five times as toxic as lead. It does not take much of this metal to raise the blood pressure to abnormal levels. Yet how many people are aware that they are developing a heart condition as a result of the dental fillings in their mouth?
Thallium,which is also found in mercury amalgam fillings, causes leg pain and paraplegia. It affects the nervous system, skin, and cardiovascular system. All wheelchair patients who have been tested for metal poisoning tested positive for thallium. Many people, who were in a wheelchair several years after they received metal fillings, completely recovered once all metal had been removed from the mouth. Thallium is lethal at a dose of 0.5-1.0 gram.
Other metals contained in dental fillings are known for their cancer-producing (carcinogenic) effects. These include nickel, which is used in gold crowns, braces and children’s crowns. Also chromium is extremely carcinogenic. All metals corrode, (including gold, silver and platinum) and the body absorbs it. Women with breast cancer have accumulated large amounts of dissolved metals in their breasts. When the mouth is cleared of all metals, they will also leave the breasts and the metal-caused cysts will shrink and disappear by themselves. Yeast infections often improve quickly after removal of metal fillings. Some people report complete relief of prostate problems as well as nose and sinus congestion.
Porcelain can be toxic, too. It is made of aluminum oxide, with other metals added. The body’s immune system naturally responds to the presence of toxic metals in the body and eventually develops allergic reactions which may show up as a sinus condition, ringing in the ears, enlarged neck and glands, bloating, enlarged spleen, arthritic symptoms, headaches and migraine, eye diseases, and more serious complications such as paralysis or heart attacks.
Although metal toxicity may not be the only cause for these conditions, replacing all metal fillings with composites certainly assists your immune system in its effort to protect your body against disease. A composite filling is one that is primarily non-metallic. There are a large variety of materials used in composite fillings, but some metals may be present. Ordinary composites are not suitable for large cavities. Whenever used for large cavities, they tend to last no more than five or six years. Indirect composites, on the other hand, can be placed in large cavities. They can even be used in place of gold crowns. They look like a real tooth and last as long as gold. If selected properly, indirect composites are quite non-allergenic and non-toxic. They are fairly new and can be as expensive as gold fillings, but they can save you a lot of trouble and money in the long-term. Since many dentists don’t know how to place them properly, you may need to do a bit of research to find an experienced mercury-free dentist who also works with indirect composites. The fillings should be replaced cautiously and gradually, one or two (if small ones) at a time. It is best not to replace metal fillings more often than once every two months.
Preventing Heavy Metal Toxicity
If you decide to replace your amalgam fillings, make certain that your dentist provides for protection (through a special plastic device) against the inhalation and absorption of the generated amalgam dust. Otherwise, you may end up suffering severe migraine attacks, memory loss, weakening of eyesight, etc. Before attempting to have any larger fillings removed you may need to take selenium (if possible in ionic form) for one to two months. Eat more foods that contain Vitamin C, such as the super grain chia, or red-colored fruits and vegetables, for about ten days. Use cilantro leaves and green leafy vegetables in every main meal to help clear mercury and other metal deposits from the body. Drinking several cups of Pau d’Arco (Lapacho) tea per day, or taking four capsules of its extract three times daily for two weeks may greatly assist you in the detoxification of the blood, liver and kidneys. The kidney cleanse is also very beneficial in preventing injuries from any released metals. The native American tea formula, Ojibwa tea, is also excellent for metal removal. It contains large amounts of vitamins.