Nowadays, people are starting to pay more attention to their teeth. It is conceivable that if a person’s teeth are very ugly, how much they will be affected in life and work. Over time, it can even have a detrimental effect on a person’s mental health. In addition, from a physiological point of view, misshapen teeth can cause problems with chewing food, thereby increasing the burden on the stomach and causing gastrointestinal problems. Therefore, many people are now looking for ways to straighten their teeth. The semi-invisible correction of ceramic brackets is a good method.
- Traditional orthodontic appliances are basically made of stainless steel brackets, so we often see a person who is aligning their teeth with a brace on their teeth, which will also make the orthodontist very embarrassed. However, there is no such concern for semi-invisible correction of ceramic brackets.
- This method uses transparent brackets, which are very secretive, and are usually invisible to ordinary people if they don’t look carefully. Because the material used for the semi-invisible correction of ceramic brackets is alumina, the transparency of the material is very good. If you look at it from a distance, you will only see very thin steel wires, but not the brackets.
- In addition, ceramic brackets for semi-invisible orthodontics have good anti-oxidation and anti-infection effects, which can help orthodontists better maintain oral hygiene.
The difference between self-locking ceramic braces and ordinary ceramic braces?
The self-locking bracket is a door added to the ordinary bracket, which can directly lock the orthodontic wire in the groove of the bracket, eliminating the binding of the ligation wire or the rubber band to the orthodontic wire. By reducing the frictional resistance between the wire and the bracket, the force on the teeth will also be reduced, the tooth movement speed will be accelerated, and the entire treatment time will be shortened accordingly.
There are two types of undersides for ceramic brackets. One has a grooved bottom surface to provide a mechanical lock for the adhesive. The brackets are flat on the bottom, silane-coated on the surface, and have small undercuts for added mechanical support. The bottom surface of the bracket, which is both micro-mechanically bonded and chemically bonded, reduces its mechanical retention force compared to other structures. The other type has a smooth bottom surface and increases the bonding strength by a chemical coating on its surface. Due to the presence of inert substances in the alumina ceramic bracket, the silage coupling group acts as an intermediate medium to connect the resin adhesive and the surface of the bracket. The underside design of this bracket reportedly achieves greater chemical adhesion than mechanical retention. To avoid potential damage to the enamel during bracket removal, a polycarbonate film can be applied to the underside of the bracket. In this way, the surface of the enamel is not directly combined with the adhesive, but is in contact with the film, which is easier to remove the brackets and reduces the damage to the enamel.
Features of ceramic self-locking brackets:
- Beautiful, white, tooth-colored and translucent ceramic brackets can be produced by controlling the composition and processing technology of ceramics. If the arch wire made of glass fiber is added, the appearance is more ideal.
- Mechanical properties: high hardness, high strength, good wear resistance, high tensile strength, not easy to deform, etc.; too high hardness (9 times the hardness of tooth enamel), and very high tensile strength before destruction The elongation or deformation of the metal bracket is less than 1% of the total volume, while the metal bracket is more than 20%, which ensures that it will not deform under the complex chewing motion of the oral cavity and the complete transmission of the orthodontic mechanical system.
- Ceramic brackets are used for very good chemical stability and generally do not change color.
- Has good biocompatibility, ordinary ceramic brackets do not contain any metal components, suitable for patients who are allergic to metals.
- Can be used repeatedly.